There was one winner of tonight’s EuroMillions draw worth an eye-watering €65m. The winning ticket was sold in Spain – but one Irish person also stuck it rich when their numbers were drawn in the EuroMillions Plus. The ticket holder has scooped a life-changing €500,000 after matching the winning numbers 1, 14, 20, 24 and 44.
Lotto bosses say the winning ticket was sold in the South. The National Lottery are appealing for punters to check their tickets. Meanwhile, 10 other Irish players won €5,000 each in the Ireland Only Raffle Prize. Ireland’s first EuroMillions winner was back in 2005, when Dolores McNamara from Limerick scooped over €115 million.
Here is the roll call of the lucky 10 Irish Euromillions winners to date:
- July 2005: Dolores McNamara from Limerick was Ireland’s first and biggest EuroMillions winner scooping over €115 million.
- July 2008: A lucky ticket bought in Carrick-on-Suir in Co Tipperary won a player €15 million.
- June 2009: A family syndicate shared the jackpot with a British winner, taking home over €29.4 million.
- June 2013: A winning ticket sold in Beaumont, Dublin, shared a jackpot worth over €93 million.
- September 2013: A young man from the southeast shared a jackpot of over €25 million with a player in Spain, taking home over €12.8 million.
- April 2014: A jackpot prize worth €15 million was claimed on a ticket sold in Castlebar, Co Mayo.
- September 2014 : An €86.7 million jackpot was won by a syndicate from Dublin. The ticket was sold in Centra, Ballybrack, Co Dublin.
- January 2016: A syndicate of friends won over €66 million , splitting the jackpot of €132,376,632. The ticket was sold in Eason’s store, Fairgreen Shopping Centre, Carlow.
- July 2016: 22 colleagues from Dublin Bus won €23.8 million . The ticket was sold in O’Hanlon’s in Portarlington.
- January 2017: A Dublin work syndicate claimed the €88.5 million EuroMillions jackpot . The winning ticket was sold at the Applegreen Service Station on the M1 Northbound in Lusk, Co Dublin.
- 11. July 2017: Anonymous winner won €28million from a ticket bought in Garryduff XL Store on the Pound Road in Castlebar, Co Mayo.